Shop Safety Program
Safety is a core value at Schenectady Steel Co., Inc. Our goal each and every day is to send everyone home in the same condition or better condition than when they came to work. We are committed to being proactive and instilling proper behaviors in our employees. We have incorporated several controls to protect our employees and ensure our shop is a safe place to work:
- A Full-time safety professional on staff
- In-house Authorized Outreach Trainer (construction and general industry)
- Company-wide participation in weekly Toolbox Talks to train team members on safety work practices.
- A culture of accountability where all employees within the organization are responsible for safety.
- Weekly shop audits to ensure our shop is as safe as possible for our employees and visitors.
At Schenectady Steel Co., Inc., we take the well-being of our team that work for us very seriously and strive for continuous improvement in our environmental, health and safety programs. Schenectady Steel Co., Inc. award-winning safety performance and our low EMR makes us one of the safest structural steel fabricators in the Northeast.